Delivery Terms and Conditions
DELIVERY SERVICE CONTRACT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Agreement to Terms:
By giving us your package to deliver, you agree to the following terms:
Limited Liability: Sun City Express Courier Services liability for loss or damage, regardless of cause and including negligence, is limited to the lesser of $100 or your actual damage, unless you declare a higher value, pay an additional charge, and document your actual loss in a timely manner. You may pay an additional charge of $1 for each additional $100 of declared value or fraction thereof. The declared value does not constitute, nor do we provide cargo liability insurance. In any event, we will not be liable for any damage in excess of the declared value of shipment.
To give us opportunity to adequately protect shipments of high value of fragile items such as glass, electronic or medical equipment, computers, furs, art, jewelry, etc… it is agreed that no such shipment will be requested unless the nature and value of items to be shipped are declared at the time the call for service is made. In no event shall Sun City Express Courier Services be liable for more than $2,500.00 unless agreed to specifically by management or specially authorized corporate personnel.
Shipper’s failure to declare such high value of fragile items shall relieve us from all liability for loss or damage of such high value items, including negligence. If, after due notice, such items are accepted for delivery, all other conditions stated herein shall apply.
Sun City Express Courier Services will not be liable:
- for your acts or omissions including but not limited to improper or insufficient packing, securing, marking or addressing or those of the recipient or anyone else with and interest in the package;
- if you or the recipient violate any of the terms of our agreement;
- for loss or damage to shipments of prohibited items;
- for prohibited items such as cash or negotiable securities and non-negotiable securities beyond the cost of reconstructing securities;
- for incidental, special, or consequential damages, whether or not Apollo Couriers Service had knowledge that such damages might be incurred including but not limited to loss of income or profits;
- for loss, damage, or delay caused by events we cannot control, including but not limited to acts of God, perils of the air, weather conditions, acts of public enemies, ware, strikes, civil commotions, or acts of public authorities with actual or apparent authority.
Filing a claim: Claims not made in writing within 24 hours of scheduled delivery shall be deemed waived by the Shipper. Within 30 days after you notify us of your claim, you must send us all the information you have about it. You are responsible for proving the actual loss or damage. We are not obligated to act on any claim until you have paid all transportation charges, and you may not deduct the amount of your claim from those charges. If the recipient accepts your package without noting any damage on the delivery manifest, we will assume the package was delivered in good condition. For us to process your claim, you must make the original shipping carton and packing available for inspection.
Should any claim be asserted against us by a third party for shipments handled by us, the Shipper agrees to hold us harmless against any such claims, irrespective of the cause of loss or damage.For more information please contact us.